Ontario Shores offers a service that allows Family Physicians, Physician Assistants, or Nurse Practitioners to access a psychiatrist for telephone advice by booking an available appointment online.
Who can book a telephone consultation?
- Family doctors / family physicians
- Nurse practitioners
- Physician assistants
- Please note this service does not extend to patients or care teams
Not a family physician, physician assistant or nurse practitioner?
Please contact our Central Intake department, or refer to the Accessing Care page.
What a Psychiatry Telephone Consultation Can Provide:
- Timely advice regarding assessment, management and treatment of patients with mental health needs
- Assistance with plan of care
- Enhanced ability to continue to manage your patient and to improve their outcomes and experience
- Learning opportunities – educational and practical advice
- Decision support around whether your patient needs a full psychiatry consultation, or a re-consultation
What a Psychiatry Telephone Consultation DOES NOT Provide:
- Completion of a referral for an assessment
- Appointment booking
- Arranging a transfer
- Arranging a hospital bed
- Informing the referring physician of results of an assessment
- A consultation on the care of an individual who is not under the direct care of the primary care provider completing the consult
How do you Access this Service:
Book your appointment online to speak directly to a Psychiatrist.
- General Psychiatry
- Adolescent Psychiatry (ages 17 and under)
- Concurrent Disorders/Addiction Psychiatry
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Women's Clinic
Questions or Feedback:
For questions or feedback related to this service call 905.430.4055 ext. 6778 or email @email.