The Family Resource Centre (FRC) is a dedicated, therapeutic space for families to share knowledge, access resources and connect with other families for support and encouragement.
Families play an important role in their loved one’s journey of recovery. But often the significant emotional and practical problems experienced by the relatives of people with mental illness are often not addressed. The impact of mental illness on families and loved ones can be overwhelming and long lasting.
At Ontario Shores, we have identified the pivotal role of loved ones and have integrated them into the recovery process. We believe the Family Resource Centre will be a valuable resource for families as it will help families build on their strengths, support their crises, help them manage the challenges of this journey and enhance their quality of life.
Benefits and Services
- Education Series
- Family-to-family support
- Workshops and groups focusing on coping strategies, life-skills, wellness tools, etc.
- Orienting staff, volunteers and family members to the Family Resource Centre
- Assistance navigating the mental health system
- Connection with other families/Family Council members
- Educational Material- handouts, pamphlets, fact sheets
- Family Resource Centre Coordinator (available for appointments)
- Meeting room
- Space to accommodate one-on-one consultations and small groups
- Lounge area for families includes a children's play area and kitchenette
How to access this service
For more information, please contact:
Family Resource Centre Coordinator
905-430-4055 Ext. 6970.
The Family Resource Centre is open:
Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (closed 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.)
Open Family Discussion Group runs Thursday evenings from 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. unless otherwise indicated.
Other programming is offered on evenings and weekends on a time-limited basis.
Subscribe to receive email notifications:
- Upcoming Family Resource Centre programming
- Helpful caregiver materials and resources
- Information about other beneficial caregiver events and education in the community.
To subscribe send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subscribe in the subject line.