Ontario Shores has a Patient Advisory and Recovery Committee (PARC) that consists of broad volunteer representation of both inpatients and outpatients.
Working in partnership with Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences (Ontario Shores), PARC supports and empowers patients in their recovery in alignment with Ontario Shores’ Mission, Vision and Values by facilitating the patient perspective in advancing care and service delivery for patients of Ontario Shores.
We are looking for current and former inpatients, outpatients and individuals with lived experience to:
- Provide input into Ontario Shores policies and procedures
- Provide feedback on opportunities to advance patient-centred care and recovery-oriented practice in all services provided at Ontario Shores.
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives at Ontario Shores.
- Identify areas of discussion and opportunities for improvement, to be brought forward to Ontario Shores leadership via the Co-Chairs.
- Provide representation of patients on key task groups and committees across the organization.
- Collaborate with Family Council on shared activities and initiatives.
- Support patient events, engagement, and activities at Ontario Shores.
The Committee will meet at least 6 times a year, either in person or virtually using Zoom during regular business hours.
Interested candidates can visit the PARC Application Instructions for more information about how to become a member of PARC.