Ontario Shores is a public teaching hospital and one of the four standalone specialty mental health hospitals in Ontario. We provide a range of specialized mental health services to those living with complex and serious mental illness.
Driven by our core values of excellence, innovation, safety, respect and community, our research aims to improve recovery and wellness outcomes in diverse populations. Using an applied approach, our research focuses on preventing and reducing stigma, improving recovery and wellness outcomes, promoting population-level health, and designing and evaluating services for populations across the lifespan, and their carers, who are affected by complex mental health conditions. Our Researchers strive to engage with our service users and their families, as well as broader communities, in driving clinical practice improvement, and supporting evaluation of impact of services on quality of care and user outcomes and experiences.
Research and Academics Department provides:
- A centralized process for providing research oversight (including Research Ethics Board approvals)
- A formalized way to build research partnerships among academic, clinical, industry and community partners
- Capacity building of our clinicians and frontline staff on research conduct
- Resources for conducting research in terms of research assistance and coordination, library services, data analytics, evaluation, scientific writing, and knowledge mobilization
- Strategic direction for conducting innovation and excellent applied research.
- Coordination of supervisory/mentorship opportunities for academic and clinical fellows, trainees, interns, students and volunteers
Over the years we have nurtured collaborations with Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care (Waypoint), The Royal Ottawa Health Care Group (The Royal) and the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH).
We have also developed partnerships with numerous academic institutions, including Ontario Tech University, Trent University, University of Toronto, and Durham College.
We have also joined Research Impact Canada (RIC), as their first non-postsecondary education member, with the aim to develop institutional capacities for developing and sharing knowledge mobilization best practices, services and tools.
If you wish to collaborate with us, please contact us at @email.