Patient Experience Surveys
Patient, family and caregiver feedback is important to us as it helps us plan and improve services. Ontario Shores regularly conducts an anonymous survey called Ontario Perception of Care Tool for Mental Health and Addictions (OPOC-MHA).
All patients are offered this survey upon discharge and during our annual survey campaign in November. The feedback from this survey helps us makes improvements.
Family members and Caregivers are invited to complete this survey at any point while their loved one is receiving care from Ontario Shores. Caregiver feedback is crucial to how we can better support your loved ones and yourself.
To be eligible to complete the survey you must either be:
- a registered client or;
- a family member/caregiver of a registered client at Ontario Shores.
Please help us make improvements by completing the OPOC Survey today.
Make a Complaint or Provide Feedback
Ontario Shores welcomes feedback from patients, families, visitors and members of the public. Have a compliment, complaint or suggestion? Please fill out the form with your comments.
The Patient Feedback Form is also available in the following languages:
Completed Forms can be submitted:
- By fax: 905.430.4059
- By telephone: 905.430.4055 ext. 6703.
- By mail:
Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences
C/O Patient Experience Team
700 Gordon Street
Whitby, ON L1N 5S9
- By email: @email
Thank you for your feedback.
Report an Incident
A patient safety incident is an event or situation which could have resulted, or did result, in unnecessary harm to a patient.
If you are a current Ontario Shores’ patient and experienced a patient safety incident during care, or you are a family caregiver of a current patient who discovered or witnessed a patient safety incident impacting your loved one during their care, Ontario Shores welcomes you to report the incident by:
- Verbally reporting the incident to staff so any immediate care concerns can be addressed;
- Completing the Incident Report Form (PDF) for Patients and Family Caregivers and submitting to the Quality & Patient Experience Department one of the following ways:
- By emailing the completed form to @email
- Faxing the completed form to the Quality & Patient Experience Department at (905) 430-4059
- Dropping off the completed form into one of the drop boxes located in: ICAP waiting room, FOS waiting room, Family Resource Centre, ADOL unit, and EDU.
- Mailing the form to: Ontario Shores, Quality & Patient Experience Department (Building 3 Level 1), Patient Safety Leader, 700 Gordon Street, Whitby, ON L1N 5S9
The Quality & Patient Experience Department will follow-up with you and staff in your/your loved one’s clinical area regarding the incident. For further inquiry or if you have any questions, please call us at 905-430-4055 ext. 6495.