We hope that the resources listed below are helpful to you while you wait for mental health services for traumatic stress or are between appointments. These resources are provided for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical or mental health advice, diagnosis or treatment. You should always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health care professional with any questions you may have. Never disregard professional advice or delay in seeking it because of a resource you have found on this website, including those listed below. If you are seeking professional mental health services you may find our Accessing Care for Trauma page helpful.
Ontario Shores Resources
Community Services / Groups
- Durham Rape Crisis Centre (905) 668-9200
Located in Whitby. Offers groups and individual support for present and/or past sexual violence/trauma/abuse. Self referral.
- Compass Community Services - Guelph
- Athena's Sexual Assault Counselling and Advocacy Centre
- Kenora Sexual Assault Centre
- Thunder Bay Sexual Assault/Sexual Abuse Counselling and Crisis Centre
- Denise House
- Wounded Warriors - Trauma Informed Workplaces Training
Trauma and Stressor Related PTSD Apps
- Trauma Recovery
A website on trauma recovery with funding and support from the Province of Manitoba. “This website is not therapy or intended to be a replacement for therapy or professional counselling services. . . The information in this website might help you prepare for therapy or even compliment therapy in which you are already participating.”
- Coming Back Home
- Carolyn Spring
- Boots On The Ground
A website that provides peer support, and resources for first responders.
- The Healing Journey (by Me Too)
- The three secrets of resilient people - Lucy Hone
- DBT Videos By Module
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy For Dummies
- Life After Trauma: A Workbook for Healing by Dena Rosenbloom and Mary Beth Williams
- The Post-Traumatic Distress Source Book.
- Carolyn Spring
- Other People’s Problems
- Carolyn talks about recovery:
Podcast #12: What does Recovery from Trauma Look Like?
Podcast #2: Recovery is Possible
- The Mental Illness Happy Hour- Paul Gilmartin
The show is geared towards anyone interested in mental health education, Gilmartin’s hope is for his podcast to be a place for people to connect, smile and feel the return of hope
Betrayal Trauma Recovery
- How to Heal The Trauma From Sexual Abuse
- Surviving the Holidays When You’re in Trauma
- Self-Care: Surviving In The Wilderness of Abuse
- How Betrayal Trauma Recovery Group Saved My Life
- The Secret To A Happy, Healthy Life
- The Healing Power In Saying “Me- Too”
- Where Should We Begin: Esther Perel - Couple Therapist
- Love Link: Signe Simon and Simone Humphrey
- Road to Resilience: Mount Sinai Health System
- The Empowered Women- Self- Love
- Affirmation Pod- Josie Ong
Soothing affirmations infused with self-love!
- Ten Percent Happier: Dan Harris
- What a Body Remembers - Karen Stefano
- How to Disagree - Oren Jay Sofe
- Sexism PTSD & The Body - Elizabeth Menzel
- Judging Our Feelings - Dr. Susan David
- Dr. Joy Harden Bradford
Offers mental health resources and advice for both personal and professional development for African American women and beyond.
- Code Switch
Hosted by a slew of journalists from diverse backgrounds who know exactly what it’s like to need an ally
- The Happiness Lab with Dr. Laurie Santos