In partnership with our patients, Ontario Shores provides specialized recovery focused services. The Adolescent Inpatient Unit is a provincial, tertiary care unit for young people aged 12-18. Referrals are preferred from inpatient adolescent/pediatric mental health units. Individuals are offered a period of assessment, medication stabilization and/or evidence informed individual, family or group psychotherapeutic treatments focusing on symptom management and improvement of function. The treatment goal of the unit is diagnostic clarification, symptom stabilization; functional improvement and timely transition back to a supportive community environment. Clinical care and treatment is delivered by an interprofessional team that adheres to an evidenced based clinical pathway that equates to a 75 day length stay.
- Interprofessional assessment and treatment
- Program length of stay is approximately 75 days. Following that, the patient will be discharged from the clinic back to the care of the referring provider
- Secondary School Education Program (Grove School)
For ages 12-18
- Adolescents 12 to 18 years of age
- Treatment refractory symptoms of mood, psychosis, anxiety requiring hospitalization
Referrals are accepted by Psychiatrist, Family Physicians or NPs. Please refer by calling Durham Central Intake, operated by Kinark Child and Family Services, at 1.888.454.6275.