In partnership with our patients, Ontario Shores provides specialized recovery focused outpatient programs and services. The Adolescent outpatient program is an outpatient mental health assessment and treatment clinic for young people aged 12 to 15. Referrals are preferred from physicians, pediatricians, nurse practitioners and psychiatrists. Individuals are offered a period of assessment, medication stabilization and/or evidence informed individual or group psychotherapeutic treatments focusing on symptom management and improvement of function. The maximum duration of service is 16 weeks. Following that, the patient will be discharged from the clinic back to the care of the referring provider.
- Assessment by Child and Adult Psychiatrist and Child and Adolescent Psychologist
- Psychopharmacological management of mood and anxiety disorders
- 12-15 weeks of evidence based psychotherapeutic treatment for mood and anxiety syndromes
For ages 12- 15
- Adolescents 12 to 15 years of age
- Presenting symptoms of mental illness
Referrals are accepted by individuals, families, healthcare providers or social service organizations across Ontario. Please refer by calling Ontario Shores Central Intake Department at 877.767.9642 or Durham Central Intake, operated by Kinark Child and Family Services, at 1.888.454.6275.