Wounded Warriors Canada and Ontario Shores recognize the need to provide a range of specialized mental health services, including prevention, crisis supports and treatment to First Responders. First Responder Assist builds on the clinical expertise of both organizations and will enhance the culturally specific trauma programs provided by Wounded Warriors Canada.
First Responder Assist provides an interprofessional team dedicated to serving the psychological needs of all Public Safety Personnel/First Responders in the province and offers prevention services, crisis support, and treatment in the form of individual and group therapy. Virtual and in-person supports (through Wounded Warriors venue partners) are available.
- Before Occupational Stress (BOS) support
- Anti-Stigma Education
- Immediate Crisis Support
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
- Couples Overcoming PTSD Everyday (COPE)
- Concurrent Disorder Support
- Must be Public Safety Personnel/First Responder which includes; police personnel, fire fighters, correctional officers, paramedics, dispatchers, probation and parole officers and emergency response managers.
- Must be a resident of Ontario
- Must not be primarily concerned with applications for ODSP/insurance/legal proceedings/CAS assessment.
Referrals are accepted from individuals (self), health professionals, family physicians, nurse practitioners, or current psychiatrists, through our Central Intake department at 1-877-767-9642 (Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) or centralized referral form. For self referrals, an intake nurse can work with you over the phone to help you complete the referral. Outside of these hours, please use our crisis line at 800.263.2679.