Wounded Warriors Canada and Ontario Shores recognize the need to provide a range of specialized mental health services to First Responders. First Responder Assist builds on the clinical expertise of both organizations and will enhance the culturally specific trauma programs provided by Wounded Warriors Canada.
First Responder Assist provides an interprofessional team dedicated to serving the psychological needs of all Public Safety Personnel/First Responders in the province and offers treatment in the form of individual therapy in both virtual and in-person formats. In-person support is provided at the Wounded Warriors office in Downtown Whitby.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
Substance Use Counselling: For information about services offered by our partners, Wounded Warriors: https://woundedwarriors.ca/our-programs/
For ages 18+
- Must be Public Safety Personnel/First Responder which includes; police personnel, fire fighters, correctional officers, paramedics, dispatchers, probation and parole officers, emergency response managers, and veterans.
- Must be a resident of Ontario
- Must not be primarily concerned with applications for ODSP/insurance/legal proceedings/CAS assessment.
Referrals are accepted from individuals (self), health professionals, family physicians, nurse practitioners, or current psychiatrists, through our Central Intake department at 1-877-767-9642 (Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) or centralized referral form. For self referrals, an intake nurse can work with you over the phone to help you complete the referral. Outside of these hours, please use our crisis line at 800.263.2679.