The Women’s Clinic operates in the Outpatient Department in Building 1, Level 2 at Ontario Shores, which is located at 700 Gordon Street in Whitby.
Babies are welcome. A changing table is available within the Women’s Clinic.
At the time of your first appointment you can expect:
- Your visit to last one hour
- A psychiatric assessment with a member of our Women’s Clinic team.
- A consultation note will be sent to the health care provider that referred you
- To be provided with a diagnosis (if assessed by the Nurse Practitioner or Psychiatrist)
- To discuss possible treatment options
Treatment through the Women’s Clinic involves psychotherapy such as Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT) or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
You will follow up with your clinician weekly for 12 to 16 sessions.
Depending on your symptoms, medications may also be recommended, in which case you would also be followed by a nurse practitioner or psychiatrist for the duration of your therapy.
The Women’s Clinic utilizes Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN) technology to connect with patients virtually for appointments.
OTN Guest Link, also known as Personal Videoconferencing, allows patients to meet with their clinicians from the comfort of home through home PCs or laptops.
While you wait for service please review these self-help resources