Learn the Facts:
- Mental illness affects 1 in 5 people at any time.
- An estimated two-thirds of young people with mental illness such as Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, Depression and Anxiety Disorders, are not receiving the help they need.
- The first symptoms of mental illness appear between the ages of 15 and 24.
- Mental illness makes the things you do in your life, such as school, work and socializing, much more difficult.
- Early diagnosis and treatment are keys to a more healthy future.
Are you a teen with a mental health concern?
Do you feel like you, or someone you know needs help but you don’t know where to turn? Adolescents are encouraged to take that first step and speak to an adult they trust (parent, teacher, coach, counsellor) and not be afraid to ask for help. We have listed a number of helpful resources to help learn more about mental illness, and the services available including the specialty psychiatric services offered at Ontario Shores.