Guests of Ontario Shores have access to wireless internet (wifi) by connecting to the Ontario Shores Guest network.
- You will be prompted to self-register using your name and email address.
- Request for access does not require an approval.
- Users will receive immediate access to the network for a 2 week period before needing to re-register.
- The Guest WiFi service is available for all to use – staff, patients, family, contractors and visitors in general.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ontario Shores' IT department does not support personal devices. Here are some FAQ’s that can assist you:
1. I forgot my password. What do I do?
Simply refer back to the email you were sent with your login details. If you have lost the email, you can re-register using the same email address and the system will generate a new password for you.
2. Why am I experiencing slow performance?
This could depend on a number of factors such as your device specifications and number of users on the Guest network. Performance may vary throughout the day and Ontario Shores does not guarantee that the service will perform at a particular speed.
3. Can I sign on with more than one device?
Users can use up to 3 different devices on their guest account but only one session can be active at a time.
4. I have signed up for an account but why can’t I access the network?
This may be due to several reasons:
- Your account may have expired. The system will send you an email one (1) day prior to account expiry. Once your account has expired, you will need to re-register.
5. I’m trying to access a website but I am unable to.
The website may either be down at the moment or may contain content that Ontario Shores blocks to protect the network and its’ users.
6. Where can I access the Guest WiFi network?
Guest WiFi service is available throughout the 700 Gordon St. facility as well as the Community Clinics.
- Public WiFi poses privacy and security risks when accessing unsecure sites. Others using the same connection could view your personal information including, but not limited to email or social networking accounts. Avoid accessing sensitive information such as banking. Remember - Websites beginning with HTTPS are secure, otherwise they are not.
- Keep your device up to date by regularly installing patches and updates.
- Ensure you are using up-to-date anti-virus software.
- Ontario Shores staff must always use the secure Corporate network for their work and when handling personal health information, personal information and/or confidential business information.
- Guest users are responsible for activities on the account – do not share your access!
- Maintaining confidentiality is everyone’s responsibility – Users will not post, share or distribute videos or photos online without consent.