The Forensic Psychiatric Rehabilitation Unit (FPRU) is a 26-bed unit at Ontario Shores for patients, with or without Disposition Orders from the Ontario Review Board (ORB) who require a secure setting. Members of an interprofessional healthcare team provide recovery-focused treatment, and work with patients to develop and implement individual care plans. The team provides support and assistance in a safe and therapeutic environment as patients move towards a less restrictive environment and ultimately return to the community.
- Assessment based on nursing, psychiatry and psychology
- Treatment planning that includes leisure and recreation, psychosocial programming, family support, vocational training and occupational therapy
- Specialized treatment techniques including literacy and substance abuse education
- Pharmacological treatment
- Behaviour management
- Social rehabilitation programs individualized and/or in groups with a focus on self-care, task performance and social competence
For ages 18+
Forensic patients are referred through the court system or under the jurisdiction of the ORB.
For information pertaining to admission to the Forensic Program and for court related inquiries, please contact:
905.430.4055 ext. 6580 (local)
800.341.6323 ext. 6580 (toll free)